Test Shots

In media products, different shots are used to reflect different ideas and genres.

Most real life music magazines use medium closeups and closeups due to the fact that it allows the facial expression of the artist to be comprehended by the audience

For my own magazine, I used a medium close up where my model is looking directly at the camera. This would engage the audience and subsequently draw them to the artist.

Shots where my model is looking away from the camera were used as I wanted to subvert the conventions of angle of gaze, however, this would present my magazine's theme
as rebellious which is not what I wanted. My theme is simplicity and naturalism hence
why my model isn't wearing any make up and why there is minimal mise-en-scene.

There is very little mise-en-scene in my shots as the theme of my magazine is simplistic
therefore I used a simple white background - this would also be easier to manipulate in
Photoshop. The model's poses are kept to a minimum in most of my test shots due to the
fact that my magazine is naturalistic and promotes contemporary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Research Focused and Analysis

Research Rationale

Brief Outline